Cheshire East Information, Advice and Support
The Cheshire East Information, Advice and Support team (CEIAS) offers free confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of young people aged 0 - 25 who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) as well as young people themselves.
Our key aim is to empower parents, carers and young people to make informed choices - we promote independence and self-advocacy. We do this by:
- making relevant information available to you e.g. information on the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice, education, annual reviews, exclusions etc.
- helping you to prepare for meetings
- supporting your understanding of the formal process the local authority follows to see whether your child may need an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- explaining the jargon and helping you to understand official documents, including papers used as part of a formal assessment which you may need to complete or which others have sent to you
- advising you on ways forward if you do not agree with SEND decisions or actions taken by the local authority or an educational setting
- linking you to relevant websites, and support groups
- providing you with the opportunity to attend information sessions, training and workshops run by ourselves
In addition, CEIAS can offer support where you are applying for an Education Health and Care assessment. We can also provide information and guidance around the offer of a Personal Budget.
You can get in touch with us by completing the CEIAS contact us form any time you need professional support or have any questions.
You can also use the form to leave your comments, feedback or to let us know of websites you have found useful.