“Leaflets for the Cheshire East Information, Advice and Support Service”
Please feel free to print these leaflets or contact us to get paper copies. Text only versions are available directly underneath the graphical versions.
- About the service (PDF, 277KB)
- choosing a new school - questions only (PDF, 361KB)
- EHC needs assessment (PDF, 381KB)
- Funding in mainstream (PDF, 358KB)
- Glossary (PDF, 392KB)
- Meetings with school and educational staff (PDF, 311KB)
- SEN support (PDF, 318KB)
- What if I do not agree? (PDF, 149KB)
- YP finding out what support you need (PDF, 213KB)
- YP finding out about support near you (PDF, 259KB)
- YP getting the right kind of support (PDF, 214KB)
- YP keeping what you say private (PDF, 153KB)
- YP our service (PDF, 209KB)
Department for Education publications
Information, Advice and Support Services Network
Frequently asked questions about information, advice and support services for parents, professionals and children and young people on the IASS Network website.
Special Educational Needs (SEN): A guide for parents and carers
This guide describes how the new system that supports children and young people with SEN or disabilities, and parents, is intended to work.
The publication DfE website guide for parents is available to download.
Special Education Needs and Disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years
Guidance on the special educational needs and disability (SEND) system for children and young people aged 0 to 25, from 1 September 2014.
This statutory code contains:
- details of legal requirements that must be followed without exception
- statutory guidance that must be followed by law unless there’s a good reason not to
It explains the duties of local authorities, health bodies, schools and colleges to provide for those with special educational needs under part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014. The publication can be downloaded from the Gov.uk website
Further details are available on our Special educational needs and disability and Personal Budgets pages.